Look, we know you come here for our Funny Ads analysis — but once in a while, we like to take a quick look at a brand we think is
AWESOME ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Read on for our three favourite recent social posts from the Innocent Drinks Social Media team – loved by us, and Twitter Users across the globe.
Here’s to the jokers at Innocent — we imagine you’re boosted with vitamins too – keep up the great work!
- The funny list is one of our favourite genres of joke (and not just because our comedy hive mind can write them so well). Note how this post has nothing at all to do with Innocent’s products. BUT it’s written in their brand tone of voice, and keeps their brand name on users’ feeds, day in, day out, without boring them — so that when they do post product-related content, it reaches maximum eyeballs (and those eyeballs are receptive to it).
TODAY IS GREYER THAN:
3. George Clooney's hair
4. An elephant wearing joggers
5. Unbuffed silverware
6. Black and white movies
7. A dolphin convention
8. Gandalf riding a seal
9. A smudged zebra
10. A rainbow through the eyes of a dog
— innocent drinks (@innocent) February 24, 2020
2. While the above tweet above was almost ‘topical’ in that it referred to the weather, this one was crafted to go out on a specific day. It’s great to jump on trending hashtags, but what if none of your products are particularly relevant? Make that the joke! Notice how product placement in the form of funny content slips past our defences so much easier…
PANCAKE DAY ADVICE
Instead of pouring lemon juice on your pancakes, why not use our sparkling lemon and lime bubbles?
— innocent drinks (@innocent) February 25, 2020
3. When you make a mistake, own it. Even better, own it by posting self-deprecating jokes referring back to it for years to come. In October 2019, Innocent posted about a joke product — a dairy-free drink, made from conker milk. Thing is, conkers are NOT SAFE TO EAT (and also really difficult to milk), and there was something of an outcry. They apologised (in a light-hearted way that got massive engagement, naturally) and they’ve occasionally referred back to their faux-pas with genius gags like this…
This is it. A new year. A new decade. A new chance for success.
No more messing around. No more nonsense. No more mistakes.
This year our ads are going to be absolutely perfect. pic.twitter.com/UG7OlsgNxX
— innocent drinks (@innocent) January 6, 2020
And while this article is all about social posts – Innocent do make great video content too. Like this one – that used Duncan from Blue to help sell their new Blue Drink.
For more funny social media content from one of the best in the biz, follow @innocent – and never again miss one of Innocent Drinks’ funny tweets.
They really are one of the funniest brands on social media